Friday, June 14, 2013

Meshed Up In All the Right Ways

I gotta be perfectly honest with you guys. I'm still a little floored about the 2013 World Goth Fair. I went into it expecting about the same result as last year: a handful of sales at best. Sure, I know it's not about me, it's about the cause. I was happy that what little I did sell went almost entirely to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. The only real disappointment was that it couldn't have been more.

This year, as I mentioned before, I decided to take the plunge into mesh. And boy did it pay off. I don't have the exact numbers, but I was stunned by how much my offerings brought in for the charity. To every single one of you that stopped by my booth and made a purchase, thank you. Not only did you contribute to a charity very close to my heart, but you gave me the confidence to keep going.

Okay, okay enough with the sappy stuff. Let's get distracted by some shinies.

First and foremost...
OOPSKATE IS NIGH!
What is Oopskate, you ask? A night where orange is the color of awesome. Bronxelf hosts a rollerskating party for her cat Rupert, with those killer tunes she always spins. Not only is there a Best in Orange contest with a load of prizes from a bunch of us merchants (including a gift voucher from yours truly), there'll be charity vendors and gachas with exclusive items for sale. I'll have three items up on the wall o' goodies. First up is two pairs of vintage pumps inspire by, I kid you not, a pair of real designer pumps.
@->~ISD Stray Cat Strut Vintage Pumps - Rupert Special, Black Cat (inset)

The pumps are a mesh/sculpt mix, copy/mod with a removable ankle-lock AO and petite-friendly resize script. The 'Rupert Special' color will only be available tomorrow night during Oopskate, and the Black Cat will be available for regular sale later. 100% of the Rupert Special proceeds and 50% of the Black Cat will go to charity.

Also available is a special recolor of a recent-ish hunt gift set:
I told you not to sit on the vampire kitteh...

This 3-piece set will also only be available tomorrow night, with 100% of proceeds going to charity.










So what's new at the store, you ask? Why, a bunch of stuff! S'true! First off, we have two new releases:
 Both the collar and top hat come in three separate colors and a complete pack. There's also a fourth color only available on the prize board, and on top of that, a fifth color available for free until the end of the month in the Goth Within Hunt.

But wait, there's more!

Two other hunts are on at the store for June, FantasmaGora Fantasy Meets Fetish Hunt (1L) and Vampire's Masquerade Hunt (0L).

And if that wasn't enough, well, you'll have to wait a few more weeks. On top of making new goodies and recreating some older pieces in mesh, I'll have another item debuting for June's Horror Haute at the end of the month. I'll also be participating in the returning Flux event, a monthly themed event with some great merchants, that I'm humbled to be alongside. July's theme is Americana, and while what I have in store isn't Goth, it does have a touch of punk, which is another love of mine and one I'd love to explore more in the future. For some sneak peeks at what I'll have, head on over to my Flickr page.

I've got a lot more stuff still on the drawing board, and I hope to start getting them out on a more regular basis. Now that I'm almost through the growing pains of mesh texturing, I'm eager to see what new goodies I can bring to Second Life. Until then, stay Goth, stay beautiful.

              ☥ Stacey

@->~ISD Bound in Beauty Collar ~ Crimson, @->~ISD Gothic Piercings ~ Ruby, @->~ISD Lilith Diadem ~ Ruby, @->~ISD Blood Rose Skirt; corset by ~Black Arts~, skin by .la petite morte., tattoos by [White~Widow] and Oddity, hair by Calla.




No comments:

Post a Comment